Whether you’re a walking music Wikipedia or a Guitar Hero addict, experiencing music from behind a screen and punching buttons on a plastic guitar gets old quickly. Step out into the real music world and delve into the history, bars and homes of Chicago’s most famous rock ‘n’ roll bands with today’s Swoop: $20 for a four-hour pub crawl through the sights, sounds and stories of Chicago rock music from Chicago Rocks Music Tour (a $45 value).
Chicago Rocks Music Tour takes you on an interactive mini-pub crawl through the sites, sounds and stories of Chicago rock since 1980. After meeting at The Kerryman, you and your tour mates will embark on four nonstop hours of rock music facts and fun. The tour bus will take you and up to 17 fellow rock enthusiasts to the Wilco “loft,” where you’ll hear the saga of the band’s best-selling fourth album, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, before heading to Wicker Park to see Liz Phair’s “Guyville” haunts and hangouts. Your tourguide, Phil Rockrohr, a musician who has played in 10 Chicago bands, will fill you in on stories about the city’s revolutionary punk scene and the bands that formed Chicago’s rock reputation. See where bands like The Smashing Pumpkins, Fall Out Boy, Plain White T's, Alkaline Trio, Wilco and Ministry worked, played, slept and drank. You’ll also tour the bars, clubs and recording studios that nurtured these young bands and turned them into the stars they are today. This all-encompassing experience will leave you with the urge to pick up the guitar that has been gathering dust in your closet for years. So Swoop in on today's deal and get ready to rock out.
How To Redeem Your Swoop:
1. Purchase Swoop and wait one business day for Swoop Certificate to be deposited into your YouSwoop account.
2. Go to http://chicagorocks.eventbrite.com/?ref=ebtn.
3. In drop down menu, select tour date.
4. Click "Enter discount or access code" and enter your Swoop Certificate ID number in the field.
5. Complete registration information.
6. Print Swoop Certificate and present on your tour date.
7. Enjoy rock and roll in Chicago!